The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences notification for Admission in Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2010
Admission in Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2010
On-line Application Form
The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, a premier research institution engaged in advanced scientific research in a number of areas and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India, invites motivated students to apply for its residential Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2010.
1. Qualification: M.Sc. in Physics / Physical Chemistry / Mathematics / Biophysics / Biochemistry/Bioinformatics with at least 55% marks (completed or appearing). BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech students with relevant background may also apply.
2. INSPIRE (SHE): The successful candidates under INSPIRE-SHE (DST, Government of India) Scholarship are welcome.
3. Interview: The candidates will be called for an interview during 28-29 April and 9-10 June 2010 at SNBNCBS based on their JEST / GATE score of 2010, and/or CSIR-UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualification.
4. Desired field of Study: The candidates are required to indicate their choice of areas of research, i.e. the department he / she would like to be considered for admission. A list of research areas and the respective Faculty members are available on the Bose Centreâ€™s website. There are four departments at the Centre having the scopes for both theoretical and experimental research: 1. Theoretical Science; 2. Material Science; 3. Astrophysics & Cosmology; and 4. Chemical, Biological & Macromolecular Sciences.
5. Residential Programme: The PMSc-Ph.D Research is a residential programme all through and the Centre will provide free hostel and other infrastructural facilities.
6. Monthly Stipend: JRF â€“ Rs 12,000; SRF â€“ Rs 14,000 and other benefits based on satisfactory performance.
7. Application Deadline: 29 March 2010
Off-line Application Form
Application in prescribed downloadable(*) form with duly attested supporting documents should be sent either in hardcopy form to: The Admission Committee, S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Block-JD, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700098 or by e-mail(**) with scanned copies of supporting documents. (*)Website: http://www.bose.res.in/admission.htm
(**)E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The Centre will issue forms for off-line application against written request to the above address.
For more details, visit: www.bose.res.in